Why Choose Us
The quick answer is - we are great at what we do, and love helping our customers get the most from technology. Our entire team is focused on providing the best IT support, consulting and training to small businesses in London.
We believe there are 3 things that go into your decision on whether you are receiving value-for-money:
- Excellent service;
- High quality work; and
- A great price.
There is more to a job than just getting it done. There’s also your experience around it, from start-to-finish.
Did we answer your call or email promptly, and start the job on-time? Were we friendly when interacting with you? Did we turn up on-time? Were we patient and explained things in non-technical jargon as best possible? Or were you left confused and frustrated, not feeling as the important valued customer? If any of our customers tell us this is how they felt with a recent job, we apologise and stick to our Satisfaction Guarantee .
Here are some things we do to ensure we provide excellent service, consistently:
- Ensure we turn up on-time and start jobs within the agreed SLA (Service Level Agreement). If we don’t, we discount up to 100% of the time on that job, per our Satisfaction Guarantee
- Have an Engineer answer the phone within 3 rings 90% of the time. Many of our competitors place administrative people or automated phone systems on their frontline. We believe in good old fashioned service – answering the phone promptly and by a person who can help you, rather than just taking a message
- Coach our Engineers on best practice customer service. We run regular workshops and coaching on how to provide high calibre customer service
- Phone survey 25% of the support jobs that close, daily. A non-engineer calls to ask 3 quick questions: if the job is closed; out of 10 how satisfied were you; and if there are any further jobs we can log for you. We’ve found this provides fabulous insight into just how we are doing, and allows us to promptly act on any jobs that receive a low score. Of course if you don’t want us to call you on average 1 in 4 jobs you log, you can just let us know and we’ll update our system
- Survey our projects. We send a short online survey for any substantial project we complete, to see how we did and if there are any areas we could improve
- Conduct a Customer Satisfaction Index survey, each year. We send a simple and anonymous survey to all our customers. It takes 15-20 minutes to complete on paper or online. This is enormously valuable to us as we receive direct feedback and can gauge just how happy our customers are
- Conduct regular customer focus group dinners. We like to take a handful of customers out for dinner a few times a year, to say ‘thank you’ and importantly to pick their brains as to how we are doing and where we can improve. These informal evenings see us throw a few topics on the table that are relevant to our business at that time, especially areas we think we could do better – and see what our valued customers tell us. We also learn from these experienced business people, as we’re a small business too
High quality work
We invest a lot of time training and developing our Engineers, which shows in Lucidica being a Microsoft Certified Partner. If not already, all our Engineers are working towards growing up to become a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). They achieve this leading qualification by sitting the 7 or so Microsoft Certified Professional exams you need to become an MCSE. This can take several years to achieve. As well as this excellent external accreditation we also:
- budget 10%-25% of an Engineer's time to undertake knowledge and learning activities
- run our own internal group training sessions, on selected topics – to increase the team's knowledge
- allow each Engineer dedicated one-on-one time with our most experienced Engineers (our IT Support Manager and/or CTO), each and every week
- conduct fun and mind-expanding technical projects – like the Hoxton WiFi or Virtual Machine project
- have good systems in place so knowledge, especially that of each customers' technology set up and support history, is shared with all Engineers
Job quality control
To further ensure the work we produce is consistently high quality and great value, we have a very experienced Engineer check every job before it is billed. Each Monday our IT Support Manager checks over all closed jobs from the previous week, to ensure we are not charging too much time to any of them. If they feel an Engineer spent too long on a job they’ll investigate it and if that’s the case, reduce the time to be billed. And, they'll coach the Engineer on why it can be done in less time.
This ensures our Engineers keep learning and that we only charge our customers reasonable fees.
A great price
We’re not the least and certainly not the most expensive IT company in London, but we do provide the best value to a small business with 1-50 staff.
While some of our competitors have lower hourly rates, the calibre of their Engineers, investment in systems and efficient processes, quality of work and no real Satisfaction Guarantee often mean our Engineers do the job faster, better and get it right first time. This results in an overall lower cost, less disruption to your staff and greater customer satisfaction - certainly much higher value. Your team can get back to their productive best.
Our customers know “cheap can be expensive” and that if you “pay peanuts, you get monkeys”. While our rates may appear high to some, they’re not when you consider the overall value you receive. Excellent service, high quality work, a large and dependable team along with a great price means unbeatable value-for-money.
Much like the hourly rates you pay other quality professionals – like great accountants, lawyers and doctors – all high calibre professionals have to invest a lot of downtime reading, researching and experimenting so the quality of their work improves and they become more efficient.
And remember - if you’re not entirely happy with the service you receive or the quality of the job, we’re more than happy to provide up to 100% discount on the charges for that support job, with our Satisfaction Guarantee.