Consulting sees our Engineers advise customers on - and often then implement - new technology solutions. We may, for example, advise you on the best computer network and/or server to install at your new office (and then go on and install it for you). Or suggest the best server back-up solution for you business to implement.
Some other areas we have provided consulting on to small businesses include:
- Network design. We help customers design and install an office computer network, including wireless networks (even multi-site solutions)
- Server specification. Especially for growing businesses, there is a point where it is smarter for your team to be using a server. We can advise when that is and specify (then implement) the best hardware and software for this
- IT security. Auditing network and computer security, and/or assessing potential security breaches
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions. Helping customers pick the best value off-the-shelf CRM product for their needs
- IT project management. If you have any small or medium-sized IT projects you need managed professionally, contact us to see if we’ve undertaken what you need done
- IT advice. If you have a big technology decision you need to make and want an independent opinion to help you choose the best technology and/or vendor, we can be that impartial technology adviser
If you think there may be new or better technology out there which your team could use to make them happier and more productive, we are sure we can help.
Business Continuity (BCP) & Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP)
After accumulating a few FSA-regulated customers over the years we found a demand for BCP and DRP, since it is a requirement of the FSA to have one. A BCP or DRP is a plan you can reference when disasters strike (e.g. fire, flood, power outages etc). The aim of these plans is to minimise the risk and impact of downtime for your business.
As you can understand, computers are vital to the operation of a financial services business. When we provide BCP or DRP consulting we assess your business risks and provide a report of recommendations on what you can implement to mitigate each risk. It’s then up to you whether you see value in any of the recommendations, and to what degree you would like to mitigate each.
The BCP and DRP also contain all the key contact and security information of all your technology – so you can get up and running as quickly as possible. Many customers also choose to have their key technology (like servers and computers) synchronised off-site and be able to access a dedicated Business Continuity centre outside London, in case of major disaster.